Saturday, January 4, 2014

What is the average cost of living in Tacoma, Wa?

72 electric fireplaces on Napoleon Electric Fireplaces | Napoleon Wall-Mount Fireplaces
72 electric fireplaces image



Chelsea


Just to give you enough to go on, I'm a college student, nineteen, and looking for a studio apartment in Tacoma. I'm trying to figure out if moving out is even in the realm of possibility. My questions are:
What is the average water/electric/gas bill for this area? I've tried looking it up and just can't find the information I'm looking for.

I'm looking up the bus system information as well but if anyone who answers this happens to know off hand how much that is, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I'm also looking at internet services/phone services too.

Any other expenses I might not have thought of? I've looked into the apartment situation/deposit so I don't think I need information on those.



Answer
Here are some examples for you. I don't live in an apartment but you'll get some idea of costs to compare to.

For a 2400 square foot house:

1. Water - includes water + sewer, and costs me about $110 every two months.
2. Gas - used for hot water heater, gas fireplace in winter and furnace - $30 in summer, $200 in winter
My October bill was $60
3. Electricity - not used for heat, no air conditioner. Usually about $50 per month

Other costs - Internet + phone runs about $70 per month - with discounts when you sign up. Cable TV is about the same. Trash (if not included with your apartment) is usually about $35 per month.

Costs for a small apartment will be much less. Many apartments have trash and water included in the rent.


Tacoma is Pierce County Transit - $2 per ride or $72 per month.
Details here:
http://www.piercetransit.org/fares/



Pierce County Transit also connects with the other nearby transit agencies for travel into Seattle or Olympia. Those costs are additional.

What setting do you leave your thermostat on in the winter?




Jenn M


My husband and I have an ongoing disagreement... I want the heat on seventy during the day (we have an infant and a two year old and I am a stay at home mother) and sixty eight at night. He wants it on 65 day and night. So I would like to take an informal poll to see what is the average heat setting in the winter.


Answer
73 Day
72 Night

Live in VA.

Went as high as 75 during the 10 degree days/nights.

Did you know the average rate you pay for gas goes down the more you use? Not to say your bill goes down, but the point is, a 1 to 2 degree increase may actually cost you a lot less money than you think.

Look close at your next bill. Works the same for electric.

Incidently, we also run a gas fireplace sometimes too.

My house is 3000 sq. ft. and it cost $300 to heat it with natural gas in December. How does that compare to you? Our furnace is brand new and 94 percent efficient.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the average cost of living in Tacoma, Wa?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment