Saturday, January 4, 2014

Is an Electric Fireplace Worth it?

electric fireplaces for bedrooms on SAXON Wall Hung Electric Fireplace
electric fireplaces for bedrooms image



kat


Heating in our house is starting to get unaffordable for us. Does anyone have an Electric Fireplace in their Bedroom? Does it keep you warm at night?
Which would you recommend, electric or Fuel?
It says it uses as much Electricity as a Coffee Machine.



Answer
Having an electric fire is your bathroom would be against building regulations as electricity and water don't mix, your best option is an oil filled towel heater. I installed one last winter and left it on all the time as once they are hot they do not use much power and it kept the whole upstairs at a reasonable temperature.
Gas or coal is always cheaper than electric for all other fires, I bought my electric fires from http://www.directfiresonline.co.uk they were really helpful advising me on which ones to buy as they have different power outputs and they also got me my bathroom heater even though they don't stock them!

What kind of heating can I expect from an electric fireplace?




owen h


I was planning on adding another electric heater to my house but the electric fireplace will only be a few hundred more. Some models say they heat 400 sq. feet and it will look great in my bedroom.


Im planning on getting one that I can hold a tv and other media devices too. Anyone with experience with a website or a department store? Thanks.



Answer
an electric fireplace is pretty much equal to a space heater

in both .... area heated and cost of heating




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is an Electric Fireplace Worth it?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment