Saturday, November 2, 2013

My electric fireplace keeps blowing the fuse box?

best rated electric fireplace heater on Electric Fireplace Wall Mount or Free Standing Fire Place Space Heater ...
best rated electric fireplace heater image



tundra2000


It's a charmglow electric fireplace that heats up to 1500 sq ft, the problem is when i plug it in my basement or garage and it will run for about 5-10 min then it blows the fuse or circuit in the basement or garage. why is it doing this? I would like to be able to use it this winter.
When i first bought it, it worked fine anywhere in the house, but how would i go about hardwiring it into the circuit?



Answer
You are probably exceeding the wattage rating for the plug or circuit
that the plug is tied into.My suggestion, find it a permanent home.
Now hardwire it into a circuit all it's own. Make sure the wattage
and the amperage drawn are within the specifications of the
circuit breaker.Now if you are looking for a heater you can move around
consider one of the family safe electric heaters designed for this
kind of service.

What is the most inexpensive way to heat your home?




Arua


Currently I have GAS heating (Forced AIr) and it is very expensive. I do have a woodburning fireplace but only use it in the evenings when I am home. If the wood would last in there all day it would be fine.

I would like to eliminate the need for GAS heating this winter. I am considering electric space heaters, radiant space heaters, etc. I wonder if the costs of that could be less than with natural gas.

I would leave the temperate in the home at about 70 *F

I live in North East Ohio and the winter temps get to be in the 20's F, sometimes less.

If anyone has any suggestions, please!



Answer
The first (and most cost-effective) way is to do a top-to-bottom evaluation of your home insulation.

Air drafts:
Look for drafts along widows, doors, outlets.
Use smoke (either with a cigarette or a blown-out match) along those areas to see if wind is blowing in.
Every little crack and crevasse that you fill with insulation or caulk, every window that can be double-paned, every crack around electrical outlets that can be filled in, every door that can be skirted will help keep the heat in.

Roof:
Make sure you have the highest rated "R" factor of insulation in your attic. Also make sure you have proper venting in your roof.

Floor:
If you have a crawl space, place covers over the vents.

Do a temperature check in each room and determine which is cooler, which is hotter.
Then consider which rooms you can close off the heat vents and shut the doors during the night.

Now - I do not know what the gas versus electric ratio is in your city, but here in Oklahoma, it is less expensive to heat with gas.
However, I have used some of these oil-filled electric radiators and I must say that they are very efficient and work very well.

Lastly, check with your utility company - they might offer free evaluations to help you improve your energy efficiency.

Too bad we' can't have some of that cold air right now!
We're burning up here in hell...um, Oklahoma!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: My electric fireplace keeps blowing the fuse box?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment