Friday, November 29, 2013

Is it possible to add a see-through fireplace in a wall between the tub and bedroom?

electric fireplaces in bathrooms on Electric Fireplace Suite Katell Shirebrook Fireplace Suite with ...
electric fireplaces in bathrooms image



AV


My bathroom is small and no space is available to borrow from anywhere else. I want to remodel the bathroom where the bathtub (not sunken) is next to the wall that divides the bathroom and master bedroom. That dividing wall is where I want to put the fireplace. Is that possible? Since the tub is high, the fireplace will be at a high level on the bath side. But how does one raise the firebox level on the bedroom side?


Answer
you can but you may have to have some plumbing moved there are fire place options now and they can be placed just about anywhere but remember the wall will have the be quite deep to accommodate the venting. it sounds nice to place it there sounds as if it will also be at a nice height when your in bed too for space sake you may want to consider an electric fire box with a blower to give off warmth and ambiance without all the hassle and expense

Can you share your advise to survive in a Winter snow storm without electricity?




Parent_K


My home had power outage for the past 2 days. Without electricity, there is no heat, light and cannot cook food. The fireplace and chimney is not working either. Do you have any experience of this situation? What is the best way to survive? Please give me your tips and advise? I want to prepare for the next one.


Answer
We went a day without electricity this last storm.
FOOD:
I first have food and water for each person for 5 days. Stored away.
Include foods that can be heated with a single pan or pot. Or cooked in one pot or pan. Instant hot cereal, cold cereal, powder milk, tuna,crackers, oil for cooking, canned fruit, etc. I like to have special things like those disposable jiffy-pop popcorn pans, marshmallows to roast. I also make large batches of soup/stews/chili beans/stir-fry fixings; put one dinners worth into a zip lock freezer bag and keep in the freezer. These can be just heated up in your 'camp' burner dinner pan. If by March/April they haven't been needed I use them for dinners and make more in late Fall for the next winter. Also have food stored for the animals. Dog,cat,pig whatever. I have bags of pellets for the horses if they run out of hay.
FOOD SPOILAGE: The food in your fridge needs to be eaten first. I put milk and cheese in a large bowl with snow to keep them longer. Don't open the freezer unless you are pulling food for a meal. I use snow to pack the food and keep it from spoiling. I also use the rule- when in doubt throw it out. If you think something might me spoiled, don't eat it. I use snow to pretty much keep food cold.
COOKING: http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colemancom/detail.asp?product_id=5431B705&categoryid=2010I have a single burner that attaches to a propane bottle. (the kind you get for camping) I heat water for coffee/hot chocolate and can cook dinner in one pan.
CLEANING: I have two dishpans. Heat up water for washing and rinsing on your camp burner.
HYGENE: We have an electric water heater so when the power goes out I don't have hot water. I don't care for freezing cold showers so...Once a day scrub your body with a warm soapy wash cloth.
HEAT: Have an alternate source of heat. If you don't have wood and a fireplace, buy a camping heater that takes batteries. Have two sets of extra batteries. ( Never run it while you sleep)
WARM: Layers of clothing keep you warmer than just one warm jacket/coat. Have one pair of wool socks for each person. Wear a clean pair of cotton socks under the wool ones each day. Move....moving around warms up your body.
LIGHTING: I use old fashion kerosne lamps ( keep out of kids reach) I tape a small lighter to the side of the base so I don't have to search in the dark for something to light it withhttp://www.lehmans.com/jump.jsp?itemType=CATEGORY&itemID=683&i1Cat=669&i2Cat=683&i3Cat=0&i4Cat=0, If you don't like kerosne lanterns then you can buy camping lanterns, propane or battery powered.http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colemancom/detail.asp?product_id=5330-707&categoryid=31500
use self contained votive candles for the bathroom (10 stored for emergency), I have medium size fashlights that can be attatched to a rope to hang around my neck,(I like to have my hands free) PERSONAL: have medications, cold medicines, reading material, deck of cards, sanitary napkins, a journal, picture album, things YOU would like.
PAM: the spray- for your metal snow shovel. It keeps the snow from
sticking.
When you know a storm is coming or...it is past Thanksgiving check your supplies, get what you may need. Also apples, bananas, and oranges are great to pick up when a storm is coming. They don't have to be refridgerated.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is it possible to add a see-through fireplace in a wall between the tub and bedroom?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment