Friday, January 3, 2014

Embarrassed about home :(?

electric fireplace 55 on Electric Fireplace TV Cabinet (Video) - Yiwu China Commodity City
electric fireplace 55 image



veronica


I live in a house it was built about 50 years ago. It's beat up and chipping paint on the outside, on the inside everything is its original state, except the bathroom and kitchen. But the kitchens linoleum is torn up all over, the wall paper is peeling. The walls are like "chalky" feeling every wall in the living room an hallway area is a eggshell white Thats been yellowed by the cigarette smoke. My basement is huge and fully modeled into a bar and lounge, though the carpet is bright red and the walls are a half and half . Half is ugly, bare black wood and red rocking horses tea cups and cologne prints on it. Every door in my house is a flat light brown door with handles that are a metallic gold color but have been worn down so only some of its the metallic color is showing. My bathroom is awesome except it has a huge tub with jets but its only probably a 6 x 8 ft room. The only room that's painted is mine, and the outside oh boy, in the back theres a broken snowmobile, old bikes and some of my dads yard work tools, my dad has a shop in the garage he does parts for cars and machinery on a lathe and mill. The metal gets EVERYWHERE, and we have two cats. They smell up the whole entire basement with ammonia smelling cat urine. We clean the litter boxes almost 6 times a week and they reek ! My mom says we can't get rid of them. The cats get fur all over the floors, and the scratch stuff. We don't really have a lot of money but we have nice new furniture bought two years ago, a huge 55" television, a fire place thing that we got about 6 months ago its an electric heater "fireplace" we have nice things, its just... My actual house sucks. My mom cleans but she's tired when she gets home so she only does dishes and clears the table for dinner. I sometimes sweep and dust all the cobwebs when I'm tired of it being dirty. And another thing, all my friends have uggs and huge houses and iPhones and electronics and 10k things for Xmas. I get like 10 cheap things...:( please help


Answer
Well I'm sure you could do extra cleaning too. Just put some music on snd get to cleaning!
Don't be emberassed. Theyre just things. Dont be materialistic.
Who cares how your house looks? I'm sure your friends don't. And if they do, they aren't ur friends.

lowering my heating bill?




kittyblue7


Would my bill be lower if I put an electric heater upstairs (in the hall way) and turned on the fireplace in the living room (gas fireplace, pretty much heats up the whole downstairs) and turned down the thermostat to 55 or completely off?


Answer
We heat our home using a Gas Pack downstairs and a new high efficiency Heat Pump upstairs. We also use 2 "Lasko" 1500 watt rotating ceramic air heaters (remote controlled).

I also installed an additional layer (without vapor barrier) of insulation with a high "R" rating in the attic on top of the original layer of insulation.

The combination of these items has lowered our monthly heating cost (NC).


Note: As long as the thermostat is set lower than the temperature maintained in your home by your fireplace the other heat system should not come on.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Embarrassed about home :(?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment