Monday, November 4, 2013

What's the best way to heat my 300 sq ft bedroom?

electric fireplaces for bedrooms on Electric Fireplaces
electric fireplaces for bedrooms image



Blossom


My bedroom is 16X20, originally added on as a garage. There is no heat source and gets quite cold in the winter. What would be the warmest and most efficient way to heat this room?

Thank you!



Answer
I don't know where you live or what the building is made of, but first insure that it is or can be insulated as well as possible. If you have propane or natural gas, you can have a nice free standing fireplace, and they don't have to be vented (they even come with a remote).

If you only have electric service, the insulation is still important. The alternatives are not as desirable; however, there is a commercial heater that fits into the wall (like in hotels). You will need a professional to install it.

Hope this helps.

What kind of heater should I buy to save money?




countryboy


I live in a one bedroom apartment with 2 very active cats. I have a large dining room and living room I never use. My question is, what kind of heater would be the safest and most energy efficient to use in one room at a time? I would like to cut down on my utility bill and not use my central heat as much.


Answer
I have 3 active cats and an electric fireplace stove that I can move from room to room. It uses far less electricity than oil or convection heaters. And my cats sit on top with no problem- it's cool to the touch and they can't knock it over. Just make sure that toys don't get knocked up against any heater.

Here's a link with more information: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1900810/electric_fireplaces_and_fireplace_stoves.html?cat=6




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What's the best way to heat my 300 sq ft bedroom?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment