Thursday, November 7, 2013

Should I tell the construction company from now that i wanna have a fireplace in my still-unbuilt villa ?

electric fireplaces with mantle on What are electric fireplace inserts | Fireplace Mantel Blog
electric fireplaces with mantle image



Stratomans


the villa is not built yet.. can i build a fireplace later, after the villa is finished? or should i tell the construction company now, so they can build a proper place for it?


Answer
Change orders are more expensive, but easier to do now if you want a wood burning or gas fireplace. You need a chimney with proper brick insulation, etc. There are also some beautiful ELECTRIC fireplaces that are mantles that fit flush against the wall that have electric logs that glow. You could add those anytime. See RCI Wood Products / Rustic Crafts. www.RCIWoodProducts.com 570-253-7233. I've done the research!!! These are the most affordable carved, exquisite pieces, albeit there are a few dinky ones for less. Also many stone ones that are $$$

I have the electric fireplace insert, but need a mantel...?




michitucky


All the sites I have found online offer fireplace/mantel combos only. I only need a mantel. I've even thought of just building my own and tried finding woodworking plans for them and have come up empty. I may just take measurements and build something rudimentary and then build around that using stone/wood etc.

Things to consider before answering:
1.We work for a major home improvement company.. not interested in what they have in stock.
2. I have searched to exhaustion online. Perhaps someone knows a site that I have not found yet.
3. I am leaning toward building my own, but would love ideas that are unique and creative.

Thanks so much!



Answer
If you are serious about making your own, consider what it is that you do not like about the stock items that you have not bought, as well as the over-all style you are trying to achieve in the room.

There is no reason that a mantle has to be all wood. Consider materials like granite, marble, ceramic (or porcelain or glass) tiles, stainless steel or other metal... Depending on what material(s) you choose, it is very possible that using a lesser priced substrate with a beautiful material applied over it will end up being less expensive than going for wood.

I'm not sure which websites have good fireplace pictures, but there are countless books on fireplace design that could help give you some inspiration. Good luck.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Should I tell the construction company from now that i wanna have a fireplace in my still-unbuilt villa ?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment