Friday, November 8, 2013

What are the heating costs for Castle Rock, Colorado?

electric fireplace 1000 sq ft on Dimplex Lexi Wall Mount Electric Fireplace - DWF-1325WN
electric fireplace 1000 sq ft image



herrick720


My family and I are moving into a small, 2nd floor condo. It is only about 1000 sq ft. It has a gas fireplace, and air conditioner. The condos are only a few years old, so I'm sure they are energy efficient. Could anyone tell me what the cost for gas and electricity might be like? Thanks!


Answer
That's a hard question to answer. It's going to depend on how warm in the winter you keep it or cool in the summer. Also is there a 3rd floor, does it face the east, west etc.
I would call the gas company and electric and ask what the last owner paid each month.

are gel fueled fireplaces a good heat source??




tonys_tige


Im curious if a gel fueled fireplace would be a good backup heat source to heat 1000 sq ft if my electric heat goes out this winter. does anyone own one of these fireplaces?? how many sq ft would it heat or are they just for looks?? thanks!!


Answer
You didn't indicate if you lived in an apartment or a house. I am not fond of gel fireplaces. Constantly buying gel. If you have a house, (mine is 1,700) Lowes sells fireplace surrounds with ceramic logs. The source of fuel is propane. I have such a fireplace and I love it. It has a blower motor and blows heat into the room and can be preset. Not only do I enjoy the aesthetics but it is economical as well.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What are the heating costs for Castle Rock, Colorado?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment