Friday, November 8, 2013

I have the electric fireplace insert, but need a mantel...?

electric fireplaces online on Electric Fireplace Log Inserts
electric fireplaces online image



michitucky


All the sites I have found online offer fireplace/mantel combos only. I only need a mantel. I've even thought of just building my own and tried finding woodworking plans for them and have come up empty. I may just take measurements and build something rudimentary and then build around that using stone/wood etc.

Things to consider before answering:
1.We work for a major home improvement company.. not interested in what they have in stock.
2. I have searched to exhaustion online. Perhaps someone knows a site that I have not found yet.
3. I am leaning toward building my own, but would love ideas that are unique and creative.

Thanks so much!



Answer
If you are serious about making your own, consider what it is that you do not like about the stock items that you have not bought, as well as the over-all style you are trying to achieve in the room.

There is no reason that a mantle has to be all wood. Consider materials like granite, marble, ceramic (or porcelain or glass) tiles, stainless steel or other metal... Depending on what material(s) you choose, it is very possible that using a lesser priced substrate with a beautiful material applied over it will end up being less expensive than going for wood.

I'm not sure which websites have good fireplace pictures, but there are countless books on fireplace design that could help give you some inspiration. Good luck.

Why is a solar water heater storage tank placed at higher level than the solar panel itself?




Glenn Scio


Help is really appreciated, since I will be sitting for a physics exam tomorrow. Thanks in advance!


Answer
Hey Glenn, don't know if you'll get this in time for the exam, but I will post it anyway. The only solar water heaters that need to have the storage tank above the panel are the thermo siphon types. When solar hot water was new, these were the only kind. The sun would heat the water during the day, and when the water in the solar collector exceeded the temperature in the tank, it would be lighter due to thermal expansion, so gravity would slowly force it into the tank, which displaced cooler water from the tank back into the collector. They worked the same as the old heatalaters built into stone fireplaces years ago. Most domestic hot water, or dhw solar systems today use a circulation pump to force the hot water from the collector to the tank, which is typically in the basement. The pump is usually driven by a small solar electric panel sitting along side the larger solar water collector. They work well together because when the sun is shining, it is warming the water the same time the pump is getting electricity.

Really there are some good websites to learn about this stuff rather than asking hacks like me online for your information, I will list some resources below you can google when you have time. Good luck, and take care, Rudydoo




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I have the electric fireplace insert, but need a mantel...?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment