Thursday, June 19, 2014

I want to get an outdoor fireplace for my newly redesigned patio. Help?




Jessica


Any suggestions? Brands? wood vs. electric? Size recommendations?


Answer
I don't think you need to spend much money or buy new on this. I have a number of outside fireplaces (big yard) as follows:

Old woodstove, got it at a yard sale for $20.

Two chimeneas, one huge iron one, came from the estate of a friend, the other is a mid sized ceramic, yard sale for $10.

One antique french woodstove/fireplace, given to me by a friend when she moved.

One firepit, about 3' x 1', appears to be one end of a huge old barrel or tank, was on property since I was a kid.

All of these burn wood, one advantage of wood burning outdoor fireplaces is the smoke keeps the bugs away. You do want to be sure they are not burning under or near anything that can catch fire.

How much will not having a fireplace hurt our sales price?




bcyouletme


We live in Nebraska and built our home last year. To keep costs down, we didn't build in a fireplace and opted to have an electric type to move around instead. All the comps I have been doing have fireplaces/hearth rooms and I am hard pressed to find a home without a fireplace here. How much will that hurt when we sell? I know we may exclude certain buyers who absolutely want one, but it really wasn't that important to us. I am just looking for a general figure.....our home is 4 beds, 2.5 baths and about 3000 sq ft with finished basement and 2 car garage, built in 2007 and bought for 177k.


Answer
On our appraisal when we bought our house (with a fireplace) 6 months ago we had $1000 added against the comps without fireplaces. Our house is 4 bed, 2.5 bath, 2K sf, 3 car garage for slightly higher price than yours in Idaho.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I want to get an outdoor fireplace for my newly redesigned patio. Help?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment