Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Gas or Electric Fireplace for the living room? UK?




themummy73


Hi everyone,

I do not know what to do, what is the best option for the family.

We got a central heating. I work shift basis, so some days I am home all by myself with central heating on. Decided to get a fire place in the living room, so instead of central heating, I can use that to keep warm.

We already have a chimney, surrounding and what I can see is a gas point.

Shall I go for an electric one or gas one? Apparently I need to get my chimney sweep.

So any ideas please?

Thank you



Answer
I have an electric fireplace. Gas is much better heat! Go gas!

Is an Electric Fireplace Worth it?




kat


Heating in our house is starting to get unaffordable for us. Does anyone have an Electric Fireplace in their Bedroom? Does it keep you warm at night?
Which would you recommend, electric or Fuel?
It says it uses as much Electricity as a Coffee Machine.



Answer
Having an electric fire is your bathroom would be against building regulations as electricity and water don't mix, your best option is an oil filled towel heater. I installed one last winter and left it on all the time as once they are hot they do not use much power and it kept the whole upstairs at a reasonable temperature.
Gas or coal is always cheaper than electric for all other fires, I bought my electric fires from http://www.directfiresonline.co.uk they were really helpful advising me on which ones to buy as they have different power outputs and they also got me my bathroom heater even though they don't stock them!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Gas or Electric Fireplace for the living room? UK?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment