Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Ventless Jelled-Fuel Fireplace?




alexandra


Are ventless jelled fuel fireplaces safe around children? Do the flames really get hot or is it like an electric fireplace?


Answer
They are real flames. I can't see how that is 100% safe for children. Just don't burn it when kids are unsupervised.

What is the best ventless fireplace during power outage?




Milo


I went through the ice storm last year and we had no electric for almost two weeks. We had to go stay with my mother-in-law b/c she has a fireplace and we had a small child we were worried about getting too cold. Her water is on pump though, so we had heat, but no water. Her stove is also electric, so we had to try to cook in the fireplace. I'd like to get a ventless gel fireplace for my apartment so that when...not even if, but when...it happens again, we can stay home and have a cooktop and running water. I don't even know where to start! I need something inexpensive to buy and to buy the refills for as we are kinda low income. I also need something that puts off enough heat to keep at least a bedroom, preferably my living room, warm by itself. I have two very young children (one 2 and one 6 weeks) so I need something that is very clean burning. And it needs to be small as space is an issue. Anyone have any suggestions? Please include link to website where I can buy.


Answer
The gel fireplaces are mostly just decorative. I can't imagine getting one that will heat a room sufficiently.

Seems to me that burning anything that will produce enough heat to warm a room is also going to put off enough carbon monoxide to be deadly, especially to babies.

I'd never consider it. I'd move to an apartment with a real fireplace.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Ventless Jelled-Fuel Fireplace?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment