Saturday, March 22, 2014

How can I fix the "fire-movement" in my electric fireplace?







The heater and fan/blower still work perfect in my electric fireplace, but the visual "fire-movement" doesn't. The "flames" are supposed to look like they're flickering, but the've stopped doing this. I've been to the hardware store looking for whatever part I need, but they don't know what part it is either. Anyone here know?


Answer
Sounds like the transluscent baffle/scroll that is supposed to turn and reflect against different color lights has quit turning or the lights are out.



Papaw

everything is going up except our paychecks. What are the less fortunate to do?




FitGuru


i work 2 jobs; cell phone agent and personal fitness trainer.

i live in a small town that has one of the highest unemployment rates in all of Virginia. there are store/maunfacturing/business closings or layoffs nearly every week.

most of my friends have recently been laid off (i'm not exaggerating) and things are just looking very gloomy.

so groceries are going up... electric is going up... gas goes up sporadically... it seems like everything is going up except the paychecks (for those of us lucky enough to have a job).

i have lost alot of my personal training clients due to these job losses and there has been alot of people cancelling their cell phone service also due to these job losses (putting me at risk of losing my job as well).

i have even completely turned off my heat because i can't afford to heat my very small apartment.

i live alone and trying to make it but sometimes i feel it would be easier to just curl up and die.

i feel such doom and gloom i don't even want to live anymore because it's just a miserable feeling not to be able to live comfortably when you are very physically and mentally ABLE to work and very WILLING to work but just CAN'T FIND enough work.

am i alone or does anyone feel as miserable about our economic status as i do?



Answer
I am with you!

We've been cut back to 32 hours a week in my job (construction). I've been looking for a second job since September, but can't find one around here that will work with my primary work schedule. I certainly don't want to quit, as I need the health insurance.

My boyfriend and I keep the thermostat off entirely - we use a space heater that we move from room to room (we've covered the walls in blankets on colder days, to help keep the heat in) because it uses less electricity.

Sometimes we get free wood from my parents, and then we have a fire in the fireplace.

We've even gotten to the point where we shower together or share bathwater because of the energy it takes to heat the water to a tolerable temperature.

And we live just outside DC - I can't imagine what people in this situatution are doing in places like Maine or Minnesota or North Dakota.

Hang in there - it's gotta get better some time.

Have you thought about getting a roommate?




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How can I fix the "fire-movement" in my electric fireplace?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment