Thursday, March 20, 2014

I rent. My central heat and central air has been broken since February 13.?




Jannycakes


My landlord has failed to fix our central heat and air conditioning unit since February 13th. We went with no heat in thew winter. I have 2 children. They gave us space heaters that would cause the circuit breaker to trip and shut everything down with in 5 mins. We own our own electric fireplaces so we used them one in my bedroom one in the livingroom. Very cold for kids to shower in the morning. Now we have no AC. We had a heatwave were our apartment was at about 105 degrees F for 4-5 days. They provided no fans. We had to buy our own fans. We have not paid last months rent or this months rent yet. Not because we are with holding it but because my husband is a contractor. He hasn't been paid yet. We have lived here for 11 years. They know when we have it we pay it ASAP. They have told me there is a specialty part the unit needs. They said it would be ready this week. Now I find out the family member/landlord who deals with that is on holidays for 2 weeks. It's going to be hot here in Ontario. The sister/landlord calls me at 12pm on the day rent is due to ask for the rent. Is it just me or is she insane?? THEY HAVEN'T FIXED OUR STUFF FOR 5 MONTHS. Also the light in the ceiling caught on fire a week ago and my son was terrified. They have don't nothing about that. Just told me to not turn it on anymore. People think I should report this, but since I am afraid we haven't paid our rent yet and that it will upset our understanding for each other when the rent is late, I haven't done so. This is really getting bad though. 5 months no heat or ac. They have not offered to take money off the rent for this inconvienience or pay for the fans we have had to buy. They just keep calling for the rent. Please help me...what would you suggest.


Answer
That place is a death trap. As soon as you can afford it, get out of there. And you need to start saving extra money instead of blowing it so you can pay rent when you have no income. Landlords are only required to supply heat; air conditioning is only an amenity.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I rent. My central heat and central air has been broken since February 13.?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment