Wednesday, December 25, 2013

What is the tool used to turn on the gas to a fireplace in a new home?

electric fireplaces on sale on KINGWOOD ELECTRIC FIREPLACE/HEATER ENTERTAINMENT UNIT TV STAND - $229 ...
electric fireplaces on sale image



rayancy32


I have a new home with a gas fireplace with an electric ignition. There is a gas valve built in the wall near the fireplace that uses a tool to turn on the gas to the fireplace. I tried to use a pair of needle nose pliers but they're too short to reach the valve which sits back about an inch inside the wall. The valve is shaped like a hex (male). Does anyone know the name of the tool used to turn the gas valve on and off?


Answer
yes it's called a gas key for homeowners. either go to any building center or to a place of buisness that sale gas fireplaces,hearths,etc.

What to look for when viewing a short sale home?




Shelby


I am looking at buying my first home. I was shown a house yesterday that is a short sale and I am very interested in putting in a offer. I am going to look at it again later today and I will be taking my brother along with me, he has worked in construction for 15+ years and works with a well-respected remodeling company in the area. I want him to give me his opinion on the condition of the house.

The house has been vacant for at least 6 months and was built in 1940, with some add-ons, and the yard is overgrown, some of the gutters are fallen off, and the electric connection from the telephone pole to the house is hanging off the house. On the inside it is dirty at first, the people just left, food still in the fridge, so that odor is nice. I looked at the ceiling and did not see any water damage. Come of the windows look new, some need replacing. It has a wood burning fireplace, with burnt logs still in it, and I have no experience with fireplaces. If it has gone without maintenance for so long, is that a costly fix?

I guess my question is, what should I look for as signs whether to back away from this house or to move forward? I know my brother will be looking at the roof and basement and furnace and stuff, but I want to know what I should be looking for myself. Thanks!



Answer
A short sale is no different than any other house... make the contract subject to an acceptable home inspection. (You will pay for the inspection but it is well worth the price in a case where there may be problems with the house).




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the tool used to turn on the gas to a fireplace in a new home?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment