Friday, December 27, 2013

Brainstorming needed , I am thinking of moving my living quarters into my large bedroom ?? help ? read:?

best electric fireplace tv stand on
best electric fireplace tv stand image



I Love Jes


OK, unusual situation here. I live alone, am 1/2 sick and have a very small income, I spend a lot of time on the puter, I have only a gas wall furnace so I am thinking about moving my TV and puter into my bedroom even maybe going to a twin bed for more space and just heating that room . hard to believe , but picture me living on a mountaintop all alone with no visitors for that is what it is like and I can use a small efficient space heater. I don't mind this at all and why should I pay to heat an entire house when I only use one room at a time. I have a very open frontroom dining room and kitchen with no way to shut them into smaller spaces and the cheapest way would be to move. You have to use your imagination unless you live alone and can picture this. I have no visitors and no guests !! I essentially live on a mountain top on a very low income ??? cheap house payment so it is the cheapest to stay here. Hope I have included all necessary info. I already wear hats, thermal clothing


Answer
I too live alone, and do exactly what you are suggesting. Fortunately, I have a solar system that supplies all the electricity I need.

If your wall heater is in the room you intend to heat, you are in luck. If not, the best way to heat it is with an electric heater. Depending on the climate where you are, and the way the house is insulated, you can probably get by with a single 1500 watt heater. This will cost from about $40 up. If you look for electric heater in the green search box above, you can learn more about the various types. I like the ones with a fan. They distribute the heat more uniformely. Some folks don't like the noise, but my hearing is so bad I don't hear the fan.

To give you some idea of the cost of heating the room electrically, find out how much you pay for each kilowatt hour of use. It should be on your utility bill. Let's say you had a 1500 watt heater, and ran it 12 hours a day. You would use 18 kilowatt hours per day. At ten cents per kilowatt hour, the cost would be $1.80 per day.

I have an archway between my room and a large closet. No door. I hung a curtain panel on a compression rod, to keep from fully heating the closet. There is a similar archway between my kitchen and living room. The kitchen/family room area has a fireplace, which I use occasionally. I put up another curtain panel in this archway, when the fireplace is lit.

Windows are heat losers. Lined drapes help a lot. If I were really pushed, I would buy some polystyrene sheets and attach them to the glass. Thickness of one half inch should be enough.

I find that in the morning I can stand the room being cooler, than in the late afternoon and evening.

With your illness, it may not be possible for you to get out, and be with people. I am fortunate, in being able to get out.
I joined a senior center, and have made many new friends.

If nothing else, I hope you exchange e-mails with others.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Brainstorming needed , I am thinking of moving my living quarters into my large bedroom ?? help ? read:?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment