Monday, December 23, 2013

How much is your electric bill?

electric fireplaces houston on Frigidaire Bern Free-standing Electric Fireplace RSF-10324 - Black
electric fireplaces houston image



trovalta_s


When I was in Austin my electric bill was around $90 to $130 dollars, and this was with roomates. After I moved to Houston, my electric bill climbed to $170 all the way to $220 or so per month.

The difference as far as I can tell. Austin had a community owned electric utility. In Houston, you have the corporate owned Reliant.

Could this be the reason or does it also have to do with deregulation of the power industry (which led to the Enron disaster)?
What I have noticed about my reliant bill is this thing called "fuel cost" or something with the word fuel. That's almost half the cost there.

I don't remember ever seeing something similar with the Austin utility.



Answer
Mine is $113 per month year around. I also have electric heat but my home isn't even quite 1000 square feet. I'm switching to the light bulbs that are supposed to last for years and I got new windows and doors. I'm curious to see if this helps. I'm also thinking of putting in a wood burning fireplace but they can also cause a big heat loss if not in use.

Our power goes off what seems to me to be rather frequently which has resulted in a destroyed TV, an entire refrigerator/freezer of lost food, and much aggravation. Does anyone else have that problem in their town?




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How much is your electric bill?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment