Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Has anybody owned or does own a 1993 Damon Escaper 5th Wheel? (35ft long & 14 ft power slide.)?

electric fireplaces for travel trailers on ... Electric fireplace RVIA seal Features included in the above package
electric fireplaces for travel trailers image



Chris


I have or I should say just bought less than a month ago.. a 1993 Damon Escaper 5th wheel. It is approximately 35ft long with a 14ft power slide. I only have one question... over the weekend, on of our outlets tripped (behind tv, had tv and electric fireplace going) and made 3 other outlets trip. I figured this was because the outlet is on a series circuit with the other 2 outlets. I was wondering if this will do this all of the time? I pushed the "reset" button on the outlet in the kitchen and now they all work... What happened? I would also like someone to tell me more information about it. I like to know as much information about all of the things that I own that is in high in value like that (I knew just about everything about my 1992 Salem by Cobra 27ft Travel Trailer...). And I just remembered another question.. the people that we had bought it from (a dealer) and they said that it didn't have a fireplace in it as it does now.. but it looks stock.. There is no signs that someone had put it in there their selves. Let me know! Thanks!


Answer
The "Resettable" outlet in the kitchen is a "Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter" and it does indeed cut off power to all of the other outlets on the circuit. It is not an overload protector - that will be a circuit breaker located in the power center and Inverter assembly - look for a square or rectangular metal panel which opens with (usually) a pair of twist locks at the top, located inside the trailer near where the Camp Power electric cable enters from the outside.
If the GFCI trips frequently replace it carefully following the instructions - the IN and OUT wiring MUST be correct! Or have a professional electrician replace it.
A skilled person can certainly install an aftermarket electric fireplace and make it look totally factory!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Has anybody owned or does own a 1993 Damon Escaper 5th Wheel? (35ft long & 14 ft power slide.)?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment