Friday, September 27, 2013

I have about 1000 squ.feet of living space in the lower section of my home, since this is where we spend most?

electric fireplaces direct on Dimplex 23
electric fireplaces direct image



ken e


of our days ,I am looking to buy a energy savings space heater to cut down on my heating costs this winter . I have heard so many mixed reviews on which heater to buy ,can anyone who really knows what they are talking about recommend the best heater to buy
I am leaning towards the infrared modals but not sure if the cost effectiveness that the makers state is actually true



Answer
If you have gas in your home. Get a new efficient gas fireplace. Not only will it save you a bundle on heating cost over any electric space heater but it will give you instant zone heating. It will offer a beautifully aesthetic live flame too. When you are done with the additional heat for the evening you can turn it off without waiting for a fire to ember and sucking the heat out of the home. The fireplaces are also more efficient then your furnace as they supply direct heat. In many areas you can get a vent free gas fireplace..Lowes has them for about $ 500.00. The savings would pay for themselves in 2 years times over the electric units.

How can I lower my electric bill!?




Kitty S


I have a direct vent fireplace I have been running a lot in place of my heat. I thought this would lower my electric bill. However, now my bill seems to be even higher! My home is approximately 1300 square feet and my bill is about $200.00 a month.


Answer
Your rates might have gone up like a lot of other peoples. Washing your clothes in cold water will save on the 220 hot water heater. Wash only when there is a full load. Saves on the 220 dryer.
Putting the hot water heater and the fridge on save or normal will help.
Turning everything off when not using saves.
Something over the windows helps to keep the heat in. Curtains and there are plastic kits that can be put on the inside of the windows.
Using the oven the least you can saves. Runs on 220.
Using a tiny night light during the night saves.
People say the curly light bulbs are cheaper to use than the other ones.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I have about 1000 squ.feet of living space in the lower section of my home, since this is where we spend most?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment