Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Do I remove the floor to ceiling mirrors in my l/r, cover them, or keep them?

best electric fireplace wall on Electric Fireplaces Indoor Electric Fireplace On Sale | Home Design ...
best electric fireplace wall image



Nina R


I have an entire wall of floor to ceiling beveled mirrors that are in grooved channels and glued to the wall. The whole wall. I just bought an electric fireplace with an oak mantle and it doesn't really go with the mirrors. They were here when I bought the house. Do I remove them, (uh, professionally), somehow cover them up with paneling of some kind, or just leave them there with the f/p in front? help?


Answer
No, have the mirrors removed professionally. With something as classic as oak, the mirrors (very sixties art deco) clashes. And your room need not look smaller. Opposite to the fireplace, if possible, hang a large picture mirror with a frame that matches the rest of your decor. It will still help to open up the room without seeming tacky.

Covering them up is a bad idea. What if something happens to your house and (for example) and electrician needs to get behind them?

I lived in a house once where the entire master bedroom was wall to wall mirrors (guess what the previous tenants' hobbies were) and couldn't wait to get rid of them. I don't think they are the best design choice for a living room or bedroom!

I am decorating a new house in a beach theme. I have a long wall about 20 feet long with ten feet ceiling.?




Linda


Can I place an electric fireplace in between a T.V console and a fish tank or is that too much for one wall?


Answer
this place sounds pretty cheesy..
guess ya need to be really drunk to appreciate the beach decor
put the fish in the electric fire place




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Do I remove the floor to ceiling mirrors in my l/r, cover them, or keep them?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment