Saturday, June 29, 2013

How can I lower my electric bill!?

electric fireplaces direct on Electric Fireplaces Jazz up the RV | ElectricFireplaces.net
electric fireplaces direct image



Kitty S


I have a direct vent fireplace I have been running a lot in place of my heat. I thought this would lower my electric bill. However, now my bill seems to be even higher! My home is approximately 1300 square feet and my bill is about $200.00 a month.


Answer
Your rates might have gone up like a lot of other peoples. Washing your clothes in cold water will save on the 220 hot water heater. Wash only when there is a full load. Saves on the 220 dryer.
Putting the hot water heater and the fridge on save or normal will help.
Turning everything off when not using saves.
Something over the windows helps to keep the heat in. Curtains and there are plastic kits that can be put on the inside of the windows.
Using the oven the least you can saves. Runs on 220.
Using a tiny night light during the night saves.
People say the curly light bulbs are cheaper to use than the other ones.

What is more cost efficient gas or electric fireplaces?




MRS C B





Answer
Whoa, Whoa, whoa! Lets put some perspective to this answer shall we before we all jump on a bandwagon.

Your most efficient gas fireplace appliance will be a direct vent gas fireplace. they vent directly through the outside wall so it may or may not work with your current fireplace location. DO NOT go with gas logs for heat. vented gas logs are energy and fuel wasters and vent free gas logs effect your indoor air quality. Direct vent is the only way to go if efficiency is your key factor.

On electric...if you plugged your flue with a chimney balloon to prevent cold air infiltration and then put in a electric fireplace insert this is not a bad option. the electric inserts do a decent job putting out heat for relatively little KWH consumption.

Overall the direct vent will give you more heat efficiency for your dollar in use but it is going to be a couple thousand to have it put in. the electric fireplace option is maybe a couple of hundred and is a DIY project.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How can I lower my electric bill!?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment