Friday, June 28, 2013

I want to get an outdoor fireplace for my newly redesigned patio. Help?

electric fireplaces on sale on Electric Fireplaces 5000 BTU 1500 Watt Electric 120v Wall Mount ...
electric fireplaces on sale image



Jessica


Any suggestions? Brands? wood vs. electric? Size recommendations?


Answer
I don't think you need to spend much money or buy new on this. I have a number of outside fireplaces (big yard) as follows:

Old woodstove, got it at a yard sale for $20.

Two chimeneas, one huge iron one, came from the estate of a friend, the other is a mid sized ceramic, yard sale for $10.

One antique french woodstove/fireplace, given to me by a friend when she moved.

One firepit, about 3' x 1', appears to be one end of a huge old barrel or tank, was on property since I was a kid.

All of these burn wood, one advantage of wood burning outdoor fireplaces is the smoke keeps the bugs away. You do want to be sure they are not burning under or near anything that can catch fire.

Does anyone know if the Amish fireplace mantle is legit?




WonderWoma


I'm thinking of buying the amish fireplace mantle I see so advertised in the infomercials and sunday paper...has anyone bought one or know of someone and can verify if it's legit or a rip off? Supposedly heats the room well, and doesn't run up the electric bill...thanks for your feedback!!


Answer
The Amish only build the wooden mantles. A group of Beachy Amish in Ohio are subcontracted to build them by the company that markets the product. The Amish have nothing to do with the sale or marketing of the the finished product. The people in the printed and TV ads are actors, not actual Amish.

The electric heater itself is built in China. An electric heater from Wal-Mart at probably 25% the cost will do just as good a job.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I want to get an outdoor fireplace for my newly redesigned patio. Help?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment