Saturday, December 21, 2013

why is there damp at the bottom of my fireplace ?

best small electric fireplaces on Modern Electric Fireplace Portable, View small electric fireplace ...
best small electric fireplaces image



Ash


My fireplace has a small electric stove, which we use occasionally.

Everything is fine, but the front half of the tiles on the base of the fireplace are damp, I noticed this a few months ago too, but it dried up! now its re appeared! the flue isnt open but has a small air
vent. Anyway, the damp is just on the base, I am sure it will dry out again, but why does it happen?



Answer
Hi Ash,
You may want to have the chimney checked where it meets the roof line assembly. There may be a minor leak small crack. This may be allowing the rain to trickle down inside. Better to have this checked now than later.

what is the comparison with an electric fireplace and baseboard heat?




Em


Which one will impact my electric bill more? How safe are they around small children?


Answer
Even if the fire place has a forced air fan it will probably be good for the immediate surrounding area I doubt it will heat the entire house effectively. Base board heat is usually in every room and the heat is more evenly distributed on a real cold day the fire place would be a good supplemental source of heat. As far as being the main source of heat, not a good idea and the total sum of the base board is going to impact the bill more I would use the fireplace as a supplement only. Although both utilize an element to produce heat the element is protected from direct contact the fire place should be screened so children cant acess it,of the two I would say its the most dangerous.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: why is there damp at the bottom of my fireplace ?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment