Saturday, June 22, 2013

What GREEN Product that you will install at home ?

electric fireplaces for sale on ... NEW HOLLYWOOD ELECTRIC FIREPLACE - $249 in Toronto, Ontario For Sale
electric fireplaces for sale image



Leona


I saw a article online regarding few of Green products that all family should install at home..
Solor Panel, Bidet4me bidet seats, water filter, etc.. so what other you recommend ?



Answer
Here are energy-saving steps that I've taken during the past six months:

- Replace 29-year-old conventional water heater with a tankless water heater
- Insulate attic (formaldehyde-free fiberglass)
- Replace most CFL bulbs with LED
- Added foam covers under light-switch and outlet covers
- Pop outlet plugs into little-used outlets
- Spray foam insulation around kitchen sink pipe opening
- Foam cover for exterior spigot (for garden hose)
- Replace most batteries with rechargeable ones
- Close heat / air vent in guest room when it is not in use
- Dust soffit vents (outside the house, under the overhang)
- Started making some green cleaning products for home and body (e.g. use 1 teaspoon soap, a few drops of essential oil and 1 cup of baking soda plus a little water to make a paste to be an effective bathroom cleaner, instead of bleach)
- Install electric fireplace (not sure if this will lower energy use -- gas central heating; seems like it would, but it's too early to tell)

On the to-do list:
- Caulk around window drafts
- Cover floor register grills
- Continue to upcycle old pieces from storage and estate sales. For example: My old metal drying rack had a bottom shelf that fell off and would have to be welded back on. I didn't use it, but it's pretty, so I'm going to hang it on my kitchen wall and tie my aprons to it for decorative storage.

PS - You sound like you work for Bidet4me. Didn't have a problem spelling "bidet," but you misspelled "solar"...

I want to get an outdoor fireplace for my newly redesigned patio. Help?




Jessica


Any suggestions? Brands? wood vs. electric? Size recommendations?


Answer
I don't think you need to spend much money or buy new on this. I have a number of outside fireplaces (big yard) as follows:

Old woodstove, got it at a yard sale for $20.

Two chimeneas, one huge iron one, came from the estate of a friend, the other is a mid sized ceramic, yard sale for $10.

One antique french woodstove/fireplace, given to me by a friend when she moved.

One firepit, about 3' x 1', appears to be one end of a huge old barrel or tank, was on property since I was a kid.

All of these burn wood, one advantage of wood burning outdoor fireplaces is the smoke keeps the bugs away. You do want to be sure they are not burning under or near anything that can catch fire.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What GREEN Product that you will install at home ?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment