Friday, June 21, 2013

What are the ways you are trying to cut costs?

electric fireplace 100 on 100 for Walmart Quality Craft Electric Fireplace $100! SaleLaLa.com ...
electric fireplace 100 image



ncgemgirl7


I do a food co-op (Angel Food Ministries), We are very conservative with the heat, electric, and water bills. We do not eat out. What are some ways you are cutting costs?? I think we all could use this information
I do not use credit cards and never have used them.
eskie lover you sure have some great ways to save... Thank you.



Answer
I grow my own citrus, avocado, veggies and herbs. When I over produce, I either share my excess harvest or exchange it with other neighbors who also have over produced or freeze the excesses. It saves us all money on groceries. I also learned a great new technique called morphing meals from nutritionist Robin Miller on Food Network. For example, tonight I am roasting a huge pork loin. I will cut it in thirds, however, so that over the weekend I can make a snitzel and then we can have stuffed pork rouladen early next week. I try to get as many meals as I can out of the main ingredients and that is a real time and money saver. I also line dry most of the time instead of using the dryer and always use the air dry function on the dishwasher. I also don't run either my central heat or air conditioner. I tinted my windows, planted trees strategically to shade my home, installed high R value insulation, use ceiling and window fans and heat my home using wood in my fireplace insert. I usually buy 2 cords of seasoned wood from the grove ranch above my canyon for about $100 each and that is much cheaper than running the furnace which uses both natural gas and electricity. We also have a system we call OPG in our neighborhood. It means, other people's gas. Most of the people who have children have to make at least 2 trips to the school daily. So they carpool so that there are fewer trips and then ask when they go whether any neighbor needs them to pick up anything on their way. Those of us without children also offer when we are going somewhere to save someone else the trip. We also offer each other clothing or furniture when they are no longer needed and before we donate them to charities. LOL I think I've furnished at least 2 of my neighbor's kids 1st apartments over the years.

What would the average utility bills for a one bedroom, one bath loft apartment be in zipcode 72204? ?




Jinx


I've been looking for a good site to calculate the estimated costs of the electricity, gas heating, and water bill on a one bedroom, one bath apartment in Little Rock, Arkansas. My boyfriend and I need an estimate before we attempt to move in. The one we're looking at is loft style with a gas fireplace downstairs and has doors to the outside balcony ( concerned about the door insulation). Help?


Answer
Your looking at about 35.00 for water sewer, estimate 100 for electricity in the summer, If you have natural gas the bill would be around 35.00 in summer and 100.00 for winter, if no gas then figure about 100 on the average for your electric bill year round, (these are monthly costs.)

Summer in this area is more expensive but winter can be cheaper cause it is warmer here. So you might have a cheaper heating bill in the winter to save up for summer. There is always the option to get on the budget plan and they estimate average costs for the year and send you a bill that is the same all year. you build credit in the winter to spend in the summer.

There are some apartments that offer free utilities you might search some of those out if available.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What are the ways you are trying to cut costs?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment