Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Electric Fireplace vs. Gel Fuel Fireplace?




hh


I am thinking of putting a fireplace in my living room on an interior wall, just for looks and maybe a little extra heat in the winter. I dont know anyone who has either of these fireplaces so i was hoping for a little advice from someone with some experience in this area-- thanks for your help.


Answer
I don't agree with the previous comments.

I would suggest that you see the actual model of electric fireplace you are looking at. The downfall is that they don't look very real! Probably the most realistic is the dimplex multifire. Lennox has a nice one also that uses a dvd. Electric will give more heat, and be cheaper to operate. But make sure you see it first.

With the gel you are getting a REAL fire, which even the best electric can't compete with. The gel also crackles like a real fire. It will be more expensive to maintain. Cheaper gels do emit a slight odor. If you go with the gel I would recommend you use Sungel, it is the cleanest. You can even make it yourself, to reduce costs. They also make scented gels as well.
If you use it alot there will be some residual soot after a while, not a big deal.

If you use it on rare occasions, I would lean towards a gel, electric if you think it will get used more than twice a week.

Opinion...Electric Heater vs Radiant Heater....?




marcee00


Ok I am looking at the bigger model of the EdenPure Radiant Heaters. Or the Electric Heaters that look like a fake fireplace with same wattage as edenpure.

Can someone give the their opinion on which they like better.
I have a 14 X 60 mobile home that I use propane, but I am in an electric co-op which make my electric cheaper the Ohio Edison. I am not wanting to heat the whole home just to cut the chill from main living room. I generally keep the temp at 60 degrees not and not above 65 degrees in the extreme winter. Thank you for your input.



Answer
Radiant without a doubt. Electric heaters are cheaper but waste your energy.
If you must use electric (as you get a good deal) how about an oil filled electric radiator?




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Electric Fireplace vs. Gel Fuel Fireplace?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment