Saturday, April 5, 2014

What is your dream home like?




Technicolo


Me personally, I'd love to own my own luxurious apartment or condominium flat. Nice beautiful bathroom and large open kitchen. Somewhere where you can see the view of the city at night. Right out of a dream for me lol.
Jenny: Absolutely not. :) Sounds nice and cozy and homey!
deepblue: That's understandable. :)
ya dig*: Lol I imagined that dream house. That is one heck of a house. :-)



Answer
Over the years, I've seen things I've loved and added these bits and pieces to the image I have of my dream house. It's not quite complete in my mind yet but it's close. :)

It will be a gated area with a round, paved driveway in the front. My house will be all brick, a light grey house. It will have a tree with pink flowers in front. I will have double front doors, a small room with marble floors once you step in for shoes, umbrellas, and jackets, then another set of doors. Then you will see the winding stairs. The first floor will have a large kitchen, beautiful bathroom, dining room and a calming living room with white curtains. One of these rooms will have an electric fireplace, a piano, and celeste.

The basement will have a library, entertainment room and laundry room. Oh, and a party room. lol

The upper level will have all five or six bedrooms, all will have walk-in closets.

The best part will be the backyard. It will be a large garden (but not overdone), with winding paths and benches. No pool (I don't want people or children drowning - I plan on having a lot of children).

I tried holding back on the details because I could go on forever. My mom thinks I'm weird for planning this out but I've always been a planner. When I see something I love, I store it in my memory (which is hard to do since I'm so forgetful) and will eventually get it. :)

The view of the city at night sounds so lovely. For me, I want to live nearby a busy street or maybe a river. The sound of rushing water or cars driving past is so soothing at night.

ideas on how to use my non operational odd little fire place....?







I thought about saving up some money and buying one of those electric ones but I don't think it would fit over the fireplace.

then I thought what about candles... but its arched . the candles would only make black soot marks on the front.

then I thought plants! I can find some fun looking plants and put them in there with Christmas lights... but the surrounding wood might be damaged by the watering.

then I thought what about a tank with fish in it... but it would look tacky.

I want to do a comfy version of a modern look with a little flare. but that stinking caddy cornered fire place is one thing I can't figure out what to do with..... what do you think?

and just an update !!! only 5 more days till move in day!!!!!!! I'm leaving for Bakersfield on Friday to get all my furniture and stuff out of storage and bringing it back on Sunday and moving in on Monday!!! I'm so stinking excited!!!


http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii50/phycologymajor101/IMAGE_049.jpg



Answer
if not than you can use electric logs. Im sure they have them to fit the opening of your fireplace. Same goes with candles, they have electric candles that look and glow just like real ones but use batteries. As to the plants you could also go with artificial silk plants. Ive seen some that you have to touch to believe they arent real! The fish tank would look sort of tacky not to mention all the work involved in upkeep. My recomendation would be to go with the electric logs. Enjoy your new place!

Try the following link at Amazon for the logs.

http://www.amazon.com/Sierra-Inch-Electric-Log-Set/dp/B0000E2V6A/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1203535615&sr=8-3




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is your dream home like?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment