Thursday, February 13, 2014

I need ideas for designing my narrow living room?




GENAS M


Ok so I just bought a small town house. The living room is narrow. 11x19. One of the 11" walls has windows. the other is just a plain wall. one of the 19" walls is plain while the other has the staircase going upstairs and a half bath, really can't do much on that wall. I want to buy new furniture but it's difficult with the narrow space. I currently have a small couch on the plain 19" wall, a small chair in a corner and my tv in the corner in order to view it from the couch. I also have a small dining room table by the wall with the windows in order to fill that space. I don't mind getting rid of the table if i have the right furniture to fill it. I have a sketch and photos of the area, anyone able to help me out?

would I be better off with a sectional? sofa and love seat, softa and chairs? electric fireplace etc....



Answer
My living room has somewhat similar diminsions and this is what I have done-

1st Long wall- 3 seater couch and an end table that doubles as storage. Depending on how many people will use the room, you may want to consider a long sectional, but I would skip any chaise sectionals since they will take up floor space. Example of sectional http://www.potterybarn.com/products/buchanan-3-piece-small-sectional-with-wedge/?pkey=cupholstered-sectionals Or an extra long sofa like this http://www.potterybarn.com/products/buchanan-3-piece-small-sectional-with-wedge/?pkey=cupholstered-sectionals

Short wall with windows: Single chair for extra seating, small cart with plants. If you went with the sectional, I would put the corner here. If you did a sofa, I would consider a chair without an ottoman here.

2nd long wall- Desk, TV, two extra tall bookcases I would consider putting together some kind of cohesive storage combination like this http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S29864163 this http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S59831232 or this http://www.potterybarn.com/products/logan-large-media-system-with-bridge-save-670/?pkey=cwall-systems but don't get something with loads of open storage unless you have stuff to fill it. Cabinents can be left empty until you collect items that need storage, but a 3/4 empty bookcase looks sad. I don't really get why you have your TV in the corner to begin with. It seems like it would shift the whole room towards the TV rather than make it blend in.

Center of room- Ottoman coffee table for me but a regular coffee table may suit your purposes better.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I need ideas for designing my narrow living room?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment