Sunday, February 9, 2014

Are electric fireplaces okay in gas heated homes?




Tamara


So I live in a gas-heated townhouse, and was thinking about buying a electric-free standing fireplace (one with the fake flames, no installing a chimney) && was wondering if they are safe or if it would catch my home on fire? (I'd primarily use it as decoration & to make my townhouse feel a little more like a cozy home, I would turn it on but it wouldn't be running 24/7)


Answer
Would be fine, my gram had one mostly for decorations, But did kinda help for the chilly mornings, But you want to MAKE SURE its on own plug,nothing else plugged in same outlet. also the outlet should be the G F I kind, Has two small push buttons on front, Which is actually a breaker of ITS own just in case there was a problem! Hope helps a lil, GOOD LUCK

My electric fireplace turned on my itself. The other things I have plugged into that outlet did not turn on.?




Jean





Answer
There's only one explanation.......FIREPLACES HAVE REACHED HUMAN INTELLIGENCE RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Are electric fireplaces okay in gas heated homes?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment