Thursday, February 20, 2014

Electric Fireplace?




Andy D


I live in an apartment, with electric baseboard heat. I bought an electric fireplace, with hopes that it would lower my electric bill a little, and look nice at the same time. It doesn't seem to heat very well. Should I return it and get something different? Maybe a space heater with a bit more powerful of a fan? I'm just looking for something to supplement the electric baseboard, because it can be VERY expensive to run.

Thanks!



Answer
Electric fireplaces are basically for looks. And a space heater can be very dangerous if knocked over or can get really hot. If you live in the middle of the apartments... meaning not on a corner unit and not on the top floor I wouldn't worry about heating. You are going to get a lot of heat from the other apartments. I would just buy some extra blankets and get some sweats. When I have lived in apartments and now I live in a town home in the center the heating has never been an issue. I have had to many times have the patio door open to get rid of the excess heat. And I live in Minnesota!

What is an electric fireplace?




aaldridge2


How would you install it and what is needed. Where can i get one? What would also be an option I dont want to have it installed by a professional, but i want to have a form of heat in an existing fireplace that is non-usable.


Answer
An Electric Fireplace is nothing more than an Electric HEATER that looks like a fireplace.I do not recommend it, as it is a waste of money.Just buy an electric heater.9/12




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Electric Fireplace?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment