Friday, December 6, 2013

How much should I expect to pay for my electricity bill in a 500sqft condo?

electric fireplace 300 on ... electric fireplaces $ 200 to $ 800 off all dimplex electric fireplaces
electric fireplace 300 image



Beckii


I am moving into a 1 bd 1 bth condo and all the utilities are included except for the electricity. About how much should I expect my bill to be each month? If you can help it be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!


Answer
It depends on several factors that some other people here already mentioned.

How much sun exposure do you have? Is your stove electric or gas? Is your fireplace gas or electric? How is your home heated (electric)? Do you leave your TV, computer, etc on all the time? Do you do a lot of laundry? Is the place well insulated (double pane windows)? Is the hot water tank well maintained or in bad shape? How much does each kW of electricity in your area cost? All of these are things you have to know in order to guess your electricity consumption.

For example I pay $40/month for 1100SF. I've seen people with 2200SF pay $300/month because the home has single pane windows, a hot water tank that hasn't been maintained or repaired for over 2 decades, etc.

Will a heat pump upgrade be worth it?




B G


I purchased a new 1,850sq ft home in August that is all electric with no heat pump. The furnace is heat pump compatible and has two 60 amp breakers for heating and blower operation. I live in Missouri and spend 300.00+ a month for electricity so far this winter. I talked to the builder and can upgrade to a heatpump for $1,000.00 since he offered to credit me for the regular A/C unit he had installed.
If I choose to do this I can also stage the heat strips for when the unit outside cannot keep up or keep them all coming on at one time to give full heat, but it would be the same as no heat pump if the heat strips were on.

I think I should be able to cut my electric bill in half or close to it unless it is extremely cold out, well I would like to. Is this a good decision and if I do upgrade to a heatpump should I have the heat strips staged for auxillary and emergency heat or just leave them all linked together?

The unit is a 13 seer 3.5 ton heatpump.



Answer
Ask around where you live, the utility company, Repair people, I live in northern Arkansas, winters are usually mild like this year, Heat pump is OK but that's in part because the elect. co is city owned.

If you also have natural gas as an alternate heat source, like a fireplace with or without gas logs, the real expense happens when the heat tapes kick in.

You might also inquire if there needed to be duct adjustments made for heat pumps instead of normal forced air furnaces.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How much should I expect to pay for my electricity bill in a 500sqft condo?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment