Sunday, October 13, 2013

How long can you safely run an electric fireplace heater?

best electric fireplaces to buy on Electric Fireplace  Warmth and Elegance
best electric fireplaces to buy image



mazdaCOUTU


Just bought a Hampton Bay electric fireplace heater with tv stand. It's 1,350 watts and 4600 btu's per hour. How long can we safely run this(overnight)? Trying to heat our apt with this rather than gas heating


Answer
We don't have the identical unit, but one similar, I think. We were in Hawaii for two months. The fireplace heater is in an old fireplace minus the chimney. We left with the power on but with the remote keeping the power off. When we returned we noticed the living room warmer than normal (summer). Sure enough, a power outage had occurred sometime during the two month absence and the remote turned the fireplace heater on when the power came back on. No way of knowing how long it was on...days, perhaps weeks. No fire, no damage of any find.

Can I buy or make an insert to convert my faux electric fireplace into a gel burning one?




Heathen


I have a faux electric fireplace, but would like to convert it to one that I could use the logs that burn gel canisters (sterno). I wonder if anyone knows how to build an insert fire box, or where I can purchase one.


Answer
You would likely need a vent free gas log fireplace insert. I would try northline express or house of fire first.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How long can you safely run an electric fireplace heater?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment