Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Can I buy or make an insert to convert my faux electric fireplace into a gel burning one?

the best electric fireplaces on maximum heating area (between 150 and 400 feet) control type - manual ...
the best electric fireplaces image



Heathen


I have a faux electric fireplace, but would like to convert it to one that I could use the logs that burn gel canisters (sterno). I wonder if anyone knows how to build an insert fire box, or where I can purchase one.


Answer
You would likely need a vent free gas log fireplace insert. I would try northline express or house of fire first.

My electric fireplace keeps blowing the fuse box?




tundra2000


It's a charmglow electric fireplace that heats up to 1500 sq ft, the problem is when i plug it in my basement or garage and it will run for about 5-10 min then it blows the fuse or circuit in the basement or garage. why is it doing this? I would like to be able to use it this winter.
When i first bought it, it worked fine anywhere in the house, but how would i go about hardwiring it into the circuit?



Answer
You are probably exceeding the wattage rating for the plug or circuit
that the plug is tied into.My suggestion, find it a permanent home.
Now hardwire it into a circuit all it's own. Make sure the wattage
and the amperage drawn are within the specifications of the
circuit breaker.Now if you are looking for a heater you can move around
consider one of the family safe electric heaters designed for this
kind of service.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can I buy or make an insert to convert my faux electric fireplace into a gel burning one?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment