Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Just bought an electric fire - is it cheaper than running a gas fire?

electric fireplaces modern on Luxe Electric Fireplace - Electric Fireplaces: The Best Modern ...
electric fireplaces modern image
Q. Hi, I've just bought one of those "modern" black glass wall mounted electric fires. It is a compromise with my husband and we thought if we went for this one, it would look very nice and as it sits on the wall it does away with the need for the whole fireplace surround/mantlepiece. You can run it just on the flame effect for as cheap as a lamp but I wondered if you had it on for heat too, would it be more expensive to run than a gas fire?
I live in the UK by the way !


Answer
it would be cheaper to run the way gas prices are going your better off getting electric i think you made the right decision.

What color of furniture can I buy to match my mahogany platform bed?




Ozzie


The bed only came with the 2 nightstands, it looks very nice and sleek but I don't know what other color to use. I need a dresser or a 5 or 6 drawer chest for my clothes. The walls in my room are off white. Im trying to keep it simple and modern looking. Maybe a few frames in black/white pictures. Any help. Only serious replies.


Answer
Mahogany can go towards the red or brown shades so I wish there was a picture. There is a bedroom set in black that Ashley has that has a brown wood top and comes in two dressers and a wardrobe that you could try, but it is more cottage style with round feet. I would go black for a modern look. Wicker could go too. The furniture stores have such great deals now it is worth walking through a few and snapping some pics with your phone and holding it up at home. Remember you don't want to just like it - furniture is a long term commitment! Be sure you love it and it suits the storage needs you have. Otherwise, I often think it looks modern and streamlined to do a California closets type of treatment and have no dressers - just built ins. then you can put up some beautiful artwork or a mirror or a tv over an electric fireplace and play up the romance with the added spaciousness. A rug and chair in front of the fireplace is what I did and I love the feel.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Just bought an electric fire - is it cheaper than running a gas fire?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment