Saturday, June 14, 2014

Gas or electric fireplace?




Barrycudda


We have an older model Napoleon gas 'stove' fireplace. It fits into a recessed area in the basement wall, cut into the foundation. It is about 3 feet wide, two feet deep, and goes right up to the ceiling. Lots of room for this little fireplace and the pipe.
I want to chuck this as it never did work to well, I have replaced the ignitor twice, and the vent on the outside keeps getting covered in snow putting out the pilot light.
I was thinking about getting an electric one.
A couple questions.
Should I go with another gas one, or possibly pellet or electric?
I live in western Canada so it does get used a lot-not so much for heating, but for 'warmimg up'.
Also, there will be space above it. Would it be safe to put a TV up there? It would fit nicely and look good, and free up more floor space.
Or, is an electric one a safer bet?
Thanks for your thoughts!



Answer
I have the Pellet stove in my barn office. Really like it. Burns clean and provides
great heat. I use wood in the house. I have 4 fire places in the main house.
Burn Oak only. Keep the house well hydrated. Has never let me down.

No outrageous electric or fuel cost. 100 percent clean burn and efficiency.

I am sure hydrated is not the word I want here, But you get the point.
Must be walking down Alz and Heimer blvd.

I'm trying to find the fireplace/heater that looks like a flat panel tv. Can you help me?




m.reviewer





Answer
Hi. This is actually a very interesting question to ask. I have come across a few websites that are especially useful for you to compare fireplace models.

If you are looking for a fireplace that looks like a flat panel TV, you have asked the right person! Upon doing a little investigative research, I have provided the following websites to get you started:

http://www.luxuryhousingtrends.com/archive/category/heatingcooling/

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001FA1FHG?ie=UTF8&tag=tortfighandde-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B001FA1FHG

The Bionaire BFH5000-UM Electric Fireplace Heater with Remote Control looks like a hot buy this winter season to keep you warm and refreshed as you watch your favorite TV shows from the comfort of your own couch. It is priced at $249.99 and is ready to be shipped by Amazon.

If price is not a huge deal, check out the following line-up on
http://www.djsonline.com/dimplexflatscreenwallmountelectricfireplace.htm
Models start at $599.99.

If you look at http://www.ibuynapoleonfireplaces.com/product/NEP0173?meta=FRG&utm_source=GBASE&utm_medium=CPC&utm_content=&utm_campaign=
the Napoleon Fireplaces EF39HD Wall Mount Electric Fireplace with Heater model features greater heating capacity at 5,000 Btu's (1,500 Watts) and comes with a remote, turning the fireplace on & off and also control for the embergo green bed intensity & heater. It's listed at $719.10.

Just imagine: your own flat panel TV screen look-alike. You can't go wrong with the aesthetics and the functionality to match!

I hope you have a fulfilling holiday season. Remember: stay warm.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Gas or electric fireplace?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment