Friday, January 24, 2014

What setting do you leave your thermostat on in the winter?

best brand of electric fireplaces on Fireplaces and Stoves: Shop the Best Rated Brands and Models | Sylvane
best brand of electric fireplaces image



Jenn M


My husband and I have an ongoing disagreement... I want the heat on seventy during the day (we have an infant and a two year old and I am a stay at home mother) and sixty eight at night. He wants it on 65 day and night. So I would like to take an informal poll to see what is the average heat setting in the winter.


Answer
73 Day
72 Night

Live in VA.

Went as high as 75 during the 10 degree days/nights.

Did you know the average rate you pay for gas goes down the more you use? Not to say your bill goes down, but the point is, a 1 to 2 degree increase may actually cost you a lot less money than you think.

Look close at your next bill. Works the same for electric.

Incidently, we also run a gas fireplace sometimes too.

My house is 3000 sq. ft. and it cost $300 to heat it with natural gas in December. How does that compare to you? Our furnace is brand new and 94 percent efficient.

I want to get an outdoor fireplace for my newly redesigned patio. Help?




Jessica


Any suggestions? Brands? wood vs. electric? Size recommendations?


Answer
I don't think you need to spend much money or buy new on this. I have a number of outside fireplaces (big yard) as follows:

Old woodstove, got it at a yard sale for $20.

Two chimeneas, one huge iron one, came from the estate of a friend, the other is a mid sized ceramic, yard sale for $10.

One antique french woodstove/fireplace, given to me by a friend when she moved.

One firepit, about 3' x 1', appears to be one end of a huge old barrel or tank, was on property since I was a kid.

All of these burn wood, one advantage of wood burning outdoor fireplaces is the smoke keeps the bugs away. You do want to be sure they are not burning under or near anything that can catch fire.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What setting do you leave your thermostat on in the winter?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment