Tuesday, January 28, 2014

What do I need to do to mount a 32 inch LCD television on a stone wall?

electric fireplaces pictures on Brighton Media Electric Fireplace EF-1034-KIT Review | it-echo.Com
electric fireplaces pictures image
Q. I want to mount it above my fireplace. What do I need to do, and what tools will I need to have to do it?


Answer
Aren't you asking for trouble when you use the fireplace and the heat rising onto the LCD?

Furthermore the electric cord and the connection to the cable or satelite will also be exposed to some of the heat generated. Are you really lacking in space so that you can't put the television on an ordinary wall?

Other things to consider when chosing a wall to place the LCD. You need to be able to stop the natural sunlight glare that would detract from viewing the picture. Make sure you have the electrical outlet close to the television and other devices that you are using (and don't have too many devices using the same outlet)

Make sure that the mount is strong enough to carry the weight, we test our mount by having a man hang from the mount.

Other considerations: some consideration is given to external stereo speakers. Make sure the sound sounds balanced from the spot that you are most likely going to view the picture.

If you still are going to drill into the fireplace stone wall make sure the holes are going to be as centered (not on the edge of a rock) as possible. Use a carbide bit in a hammer drill device. (Cool the bit every so often by water and wear eye and ear protection)

I have the electric fireplace insert, but need a mantel...?




michitucky


All the sites I have found online offer fireplace/mantel combos only. I only need a mantel. I've even thought of just building my own and tried finding woodworking plans for them and have come up empty. I may just take measurements and build something rudimentary and then build around that using stone/wood etc.

Things to consider before answering:
1.We work for a major home improvement company.. not interested in what they have in stock.
2. I have searched to exhaustion online. Perhaps someone knows a site that I have not found yet.
3. I am leaning toward building my own, but would love ideas that are unique and creative.

Thanks so much!



Answer
If you are serious about making your own, consider what it is that you do not like about the stock items that you have not bought, as well as the over-all style you are trying to achieve in the room.

There is no reason that a mantle has to be all wood. Consider materials like granite, marble, ceramic (or porcelain or glass) tiles, stainless steel or other metal... Depending on what material(s) you choose, it is very possible that using a lesser priced substrate with a beautiful material applied over it will end up being less expensive than going for wood.

I'm not sure which websites have good fireplace pictures, but there are countless books on fireplace design that could help give you some inspiration. Good luck.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What do I need to do to mount a 32 inch LCD television on a stone wall?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment