Sunday, January 26, 2014

Christmas Wedding Idea Suggestions?

electric fireplaces under 100 on Dimplex Bridgewood Electric Fireplace Mantel Package with 32
electric fireplaces under 100 image



Andrea


I know this Christmas just got over, & I know my wedding is a ways away but I've been told from friends that are married it's better to start getting ideas together sooner rather than later. So my wedding will be in Dec. and I had a few ideas I've come up with and wanted to share and get input from other future brides.

-I wanted my colors to be mostly red with w/ some champagne and greens in there as well. I want to wear a white dress w/ a red or black sash and a little white wedding jacket over it. I want my bridesmaids to wear red dresses w/ champagne sashes and my flower girls w/ champagne dresses and red sashes.

-For a guestbook and guest favor holder I wanted to have a Christmas tree covered in candy canes and Christmas ornaments with our wedding info as favors. I wanted to have that right next to the guestbook table. For the guestbook I want to have a table set up w/ paper cut-outs w/ strings attached so the guests could write something on em and then replace their "guestbook" entries on the tree with the favors and candy canes they can take home with them.

-I also want to have another tree set up and instead of having a gift table, guests could place their wedding gifts under and around the tree.

-I want to have centerpieces like this. Hope the link works. http://media.merchantcircle.com/18937377/Odd-79323_Lantern_Centerpiece_White_LG_full.jpeg

-I am really liking the ideas of a cupcake tower, ive liked them ever since I saw them. I'm not too serious of a person and I think they look fun and playful, but I dont want them to look too kid's birthday party. Was also wanting to have a small regular cake layer on top that we could actually cut into for the cake cutting. Any ideas?

That's really all I wanted to ask about for now. If anyone has any other ideas for a Christmas/winter wedding I would love to hear them-thank you! =)

I posted pictures w/ this same thing on weddingbee, but I wanted all kinds of suggestions so I wanted to post it here too. Here's the link to that website w/ pictures I put up on there. If you have anymore ideas/suggestions I'd like to hear them, thank you!
http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/christmas-wedding-idea-suggestions
Thank you everyone for you suggestions so far. I do like the idea of the plain ornaments, I can understand how people wouldn't necessarily want to use something w/ our info on it.



Answer
I am planning a December wedding also, and I went to write my ideas down for you here, and as I was reading your questions I saw that we have the same ideas, including about the trees!!! The only difference is that I was having two trees with white lights and red toole fancy ribbon (instead of garland, it looks a lot more fancy), and inbetween the trees I was going to have an electric fireplace, or maybe put the trees between the fireplace of the venue I am going to have it at.

Also, another idea for a favor is to have personalized ones. I am getting people ornaments, something different for everyone but all the same price (depending on where you live there are outlet christmas stores open year round that have ornaments that are beautiful and not cheezy looking for only a dollar or two, to up to $100 each depending on your budget). I was going to do that and wrap them and leave them at the tables for people. I didn't full decide if I wanted to do this and take the christmas theme THAT literal, but it was just a thought.

I also considered having a photo booth (with a cover because i don't want it to look cheezy) and having people take pictures there, and getting them picture ornaments as favors and people can put the pictures they took of them and their dates or friends or family at the wedding and put it in the ornament and write the year of the wedding on the ornament. Not necessarily the date because that's too personal for the bride and groom and not so much for the guests, but having the year is nice.

Another idea is instead of a cupcake tower maybe having a tier or two tier cake for you to cut, and then individual cakes for each guest that are put in mugs. I think bargainmugs.com has the ones for weddings, they come in red, and you can put your names on it, the dates, anything you want written on it. My friend is a cake decorator and is making my cake for me and we are having a two tiered cake to cut, and have pieces to send home for our guests, as well as have those mugs and cake in the mug. Then she is putting home made whip cream on the top, and making an icicle out of sugar and other ingredients to stick out from the top. Right now she is trying to find a way to make that the spoon, without it being sticky to hold. Still working out that idea.. but it's interesting and different.

Also theknot.com has a lot of pictures and information for christmas and red themed weddings, you should check it out. They have centerpieces, dresses, table decorations, favors, everything you want. You can even buy stuff there for favors in bulk for pretty cheap. Congratulations!!

How do you convert a 8 by 4 ft shed into a sort of cabin/out room on a low budget?




Anon 1333


I am 16, and my mum has given me the shed to make into a sort of outroom/hang out area, its about 8 by 4 ft and one story, your average garden shed. I dont know where to get the cheapest paint/flooring, what to get etc, any help?
I have a red couch donated by my mum, and I obviously want to do it as cheaply as possible and dont want to spend over £100.
I dont know how to heat/get electricity to it either
Pleaaaase help
The couch will fit, we have checked but I'm looking more for paint/flooring dealers or websites that do it cheap, and ideas for heat/electricity



Answer
Getting wiring to it will be costly and require some electrical help and might not meet codes BUT you can get inexpensive rechargeable camping lanterns for around 10 quid that would give you lighting. You can also find fairly inexpensive solar lights nowadays too for garden lighting. For heat, there are portable fireplace units that heat with alcohol gel fuel (like the Sterno cans used in buffet dishes) -- I have one in my fireplace that makes the room nice and warm by burning 3 cans of it and there are no fumes so you don't have to worry about insulation.

here's a link to some examples. You could also build your own out of bricks and just buy the fuel cans.

http://www.homeandbackyard.com/prod_gen.cfm?subcatid=1050&catid=1005

You can also get small heaters that run on compressed gas like butane and propane for camping -- look in sporting goods stores.

If the shed is close enough (within 50 feet or so) to your house or garage where there is power, you could run a heavy duty extension cord from a power outlet to the shed provided it did not lay on the ground in an area where it could be tripped over or damaged. Then you could use an electric space heater. But you would need to disconnect it when you were not using the shed, for safety.

You could check with a furniture or electronics store and see if they throw out any large flat pieces of packing styrofoam that you could have to nail inside the walls for insulation. Staple sheets of plastic to the wall inside first before you attach the foam to keep the wind and moisture out. Once you have the walls and ceiling covered with the foam, get some fabric (flat bed sheets work well for this) and stretch and staple it over the foam. It will look good and the walls will be like a big bulletin board so you can hang up posters wherever you want.

For paint, check with building and paint stores -- they often have cans that were mixed to a color that the customer didn't like and they will sell them for half off price or less. For flooring, you should be able to get a remnant of linoleum or carpeting that small of a size for around 10 quid at a building supply place or flooring shop. You can also get peel and stick 12" x 12" linoleum tiles for about 50p each if you have a floor in the shed. If there is just a dirt floor you would need to build something up with wood -- see if you can get leftovers of treated wood from a construction site (ask them, don't steal it -- they always have scrap). Lay out a sheet of plastic on the ground first, then build a frame of two by fours with a sheet of 4' x 8' plywood over it.

you might want to add a window if there is not already one. See if you can get a small window at a junk yard and cut a hole in the wall and install it, caulking it well around the edges of the frame.

You should be able to put together a pretty nice little "retreat" for under £100.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Christmas Wedding Idea Suggestions?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment