Sunday, November 10, 2013

Ways to take away the smell of smoke other than incense?

electric fireplaces sale on 150 Electric Fireplace-Oak for Sale in Brownsburg, Indiana Classified ...
electric fireplaces sale image



Ramen Ever


I burn incense in my room because it's the only thing I could find that would keep it from smelling like an ashtray. The problem is they give me a screaming headache. I love the way they smell but I can't go into my room without my head hurting. Sprays and candles don't work. Is there any other way I can kill the smell of smoke?

Yes, I know smoking is bad for me. If that's all you have to say please don't answer.



Answer
I'm surprised your parents aren't saying anything about this. Surely they're not unaware of this problem in your room. Of course, there are always tales of teenagers smoking in their rooms by hanging their heads out the window. You can also try dishes or cups filled with vinegar & some filled with baking soda. However, then you'd have the smell of the vinegar, plus it wouldn't really be enough, about the same as the candles.

There are electric ashtrays that you could try. I don't know how well they work. There are also e-cigarettes or something like that, which are supposed to be smoke free, only giving people the nicotine rush. They seem to be getting a lot of attention lately. They are probably far more expensive than regular cigarettes & subject to strong regulation of the sales.

Your only real choices are smoking outside or buying a really good air cleaner, which could cost you almost $200 + replacement of the filters. Hope you have lots of money. If you smoked in the rest of the house, & if it were only a few times a day, you might be able to smoke near the kitchen stove with the exhaust fan on, but I'm not sure if that's safe from blowing up near a gas stove or if it would completely work in hiding the smell. If you smoked in the bathroom with the exhaust fan on in there, you'd still have the smell in the towels & in the bathroom curtain & shower curtain. If you had a wood-burning fireplace, there are ways to set the flue when it's not in use & smoking with your head almost in the fireplace so that the smoke would go up the chimney. I'm not sure how well that would work in hiding it from your parents. They might smell it right away when walking into the house.

You would also need something over your head to keep your hair from smelling like smoke + wearing a smoking jacket to keep the smell off your clothes. Then you'd also need to brush your teeth every time you had a smoke, not a bad idea.

Of course, in advising a teenager about something that is illegal for the teenager, I hope I'm simply showing what a hassle that it is, & that none of these is really a very good solution. Otherwise, I would be in big trouble, wouldn't I?

What GREEN Product that you will install at home ?




Leona


I saw a article online regarding few of Green products that all family should install at home..
Solor Panel, Bidet4me bidet seats, water filter, etc.. so what other you recommend ?



Answer
Here are energy-saving steps that I've taken during the past six months:

- Replace 29-year-old conventional water heater with a tankless water heater
- Insulate attic (formaldehyde-free fiberglass)
- Replace most CFL bulbs with LED
- Added foam covers under light-switch and outlet covers
- Pop outlet plugs into little-used outlets
- Spray foam insulation around kitchen sink pipe opening
- Foam cover for exterior spigot (for garden hose)
- Replace most batteries with rechargeable ones
- Close heat / air vent in guest room when it is not in use
- Dust soffit vents (outside the house, under the overhang)
- Started making some green cleaning products for home and body (e.g. use 1 teaspoon soap, a few drops of essential oil and 1 cup of baking soda plus a little water to make a paste to be an effective bathroom cleaner, instead of bleach)
- Install electric fireplace (not sure if this will lower energy use -- gas central heating; seems like it would, but it's too early to tell)

On the to-do list:
- Caulk around window drafts
- Cover floor register grills
- Continue to upcycle old pieces from storage and estate sales. For example: My old metal drying rack had a bottom shelf that fell off and would have to be welded back on. I didn't use it, but it's pretty, so I'm going to hang it on my kitchen wall and tie my aprons to it for decorative storage.

PS - You sound like you work for Bidet4me. Didn't have a problem spelling "bidet," but you misspelled "solar"...




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Ways to take away the smell of smoke other than incense?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment