Monday, November 11, 2013

How can I convert several small, battery operated lights to run from an ac outlet?

best rated electric fireplace logs on Brown Suede Leather Log Carrier
best rated electric fireplace logs image



Erica


My girlfriend and I recently moved to Texas. Our apartment has a fireplace but we have no plans to use it to actually light fires. Instead of having a dark, black pit in our living room, she wants to use flameless candles to illuminate the area. Instead of switching some 20 odd candles on one at a time and using battery power to run them, we would like to wire all of the flameless candles together, in parallel, to a wall outlet so that we only have to flick the switch and we will have an instant fire in our fireplace, without using batteries at all.

I can handle splicing wires, it's just the details that get the better of me, i.e. math.

I know that I need an adapter, but I don't know how to determine what size adapter I need.

Once I figure out what size adapter, what measures can I take to allow me to add or take away lights from the circuit as I see fit?

At the moment we have 3 types of candles: the large type requires 3 double A batteries. The medium type come wired together in twos, They use 3volt batteries. The small uses a 3 volt battery as well.

I have access to a multimeter but I can't figure out how many amps something like this uses. Also, I am under the impression that while adapters have to be specific to the voltage, it's usually better to overestimate on current. Working under this presumption, would my circuit work if I were to find an adapter rated for my circuit's voltage but rated for the highest number of amps?

If someone could give me some instruction so that I know how to adjust my system in the future if I need to change anything, that would be awesome.

Thanks!



Answer
There's a far easier way.
Electric logs. Vintage one on sale for $15 now on EBAY.
It uses a 25 watt bulb.
No need to re-invent the wheel (or fire either!)
Here:http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=electric+log&_sacat=See-All-Categories




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How can I convert several small, battery operated lights to run from an ac outlet?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment