Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Oil Heat vs Gas Heat W/ Existing Gas Line In Place?

electric fireplaces nj on fireplaces industry jensen company along with our gel fireplace models ...
electric fireplaces nj image



seaglassy


Hi there, so, I have a 30 year old furnace with a leak (not the oil tank). One of the "chambers" is acting as a barrier and not allowing the heat to get through. That means the other 4 chambers are putting out the heat. I was told that due to the leak in the furnace, I'm using too much oil. I am paying $3.65 per gallon for a 275 tank in NJ. With this "leak" I think I'm going to convert to gas. I already have a gas line to the house for my fireplaces. Will this reduce the cost of the whole conversion process or not? My electric bill is approx. $250 per month and then gas for the hot water heater is $50 per month. I may not recognize savings right away (in total paying over $2000 per month to heat gas) but I think when I sell my home in a few years, gas heat will be more attractive. Please contribute your thoughts on the gas conversion. Thanks!


Answer
I have lived in areas of the county, some of which had natural gas heat, and some with oil as gas was not available. I hated the oil and I prefer Natural gas.

Having Natural gas already installed to your home will save a little money compared to changing over to gas without, as a plumber would have to install all the necessary interior lines. However, you will still need to have a plumber or gas appliance tech install a line from your existing gas piping system to the location for your new gas furnace. Therefore, the savings will be small, but I think a natural gas fired, forced air furnace system will be a great improvement over the oil system.

Also, I agree with you that gas heat will be more attractive when you decide to sell your home.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Oil Heat vs Gas Heat W/ Existing Gas Line In Place?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment