Saturday, September 21, 2013

Just bought an electric fire - is it cheaper than running a gas fire?

electric fireplaces prices on ... and plug it in!Bold and evocative the Java Electric Fires & Fireplaces
electric fireplaces prices image
Q. Hi, I've just bought one of those "modern" black glass wall mounted electric fires. It is a compromise with my husband and we thought if we went for this one, it would look very nice and as it sits on the wall it does away with the need for the whole fireplace surround/mantlepiece. You can run it just on the flame effect for as cheap as a lamp but I wondered if you had it on for heat too, would it be more expensive to run than a gas fire?
I live in the UK by the way !


Answer
it would be cheaper to run the way gas prices are going your better off getting electric i think you made the right decision.

How much does it cost to Build a woodburning fireplace?




choirgirl3


We found the perfect home -but it does not have the woodburning fireplace that I've always wanted. Gas, electric will not do. There is a florida room in the back of the home... brick masonry foundation and windows. I figured I knock a hole in it and install a woodburner. Feasible? If so, how much should I budget for it? Who should I get to do the work for me, what kind of professional?


Answer
I am a general contractor in California. A pot bellied wood burning stove installed in your average 2000 sq. ft. house in CA wood be about $3,000.00. A real brick fireplace would start at $10,000.00 and go up from there. These are CA prices I don't know Florida prices. A general contractor preferably to get the job done, because they will take into consideration anything else that you might need to change to accommodate your new fireplace. A masonry contractor will only do what his trade entails.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Just bought an electric fire - is it cheaper than running a gas fire?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment