Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Where can I find an Electric Fireplace?

electric fireplaces inserts on 22
electric fireplaces inserts image



Zach U


My aunt wants an electric fireplace to put in front of her real fireplace. Where can I get an affordable, and efficient at warming a room up one? Walmart? Target? What is the price range and do I need dimensions or is it one size fits all?


Answer
My father put an insert like that in his cobble stone fireplace. I must admit is is handy to start it with a flip of a switch and it put out some pretty good heat. He bought it through a local fireplace retailer.

When we install them out of our shop we put in a chimney balloon to plug the flue first then install the insert and hook it up to the electrical. The installation is pretty simple. If you can lift 40 lbs or so you can DIY it.

Would it pay to put a propane fireplace insert in my home?




Jacob


My home is 4 yrs old. It is heated by oil (hot water), I have an existing wood burning fireplace. Would it be economical to put in a propane fireplace log insert, too compliment the oil heat? The house seems to heat really hard. The house is 1800 sq ft. We seem to fill up with oil (half tanks 130 gallons) every month in the winter. Any help is appreciated.


Answer
Propane is not a whole lot cheaper than oil. You may want to get an electric radiant heat heater instead. They make wood burning inserts that you can install in your fireplace. Some models have a heat chamber with a fan to force the heat into the room. Most wood burning fireplaces (without the insert) just shoot most of the heat up the chimney. With an insert you can better regulate the fire for a slower burn. You use less wood and stop the heat that is in the room from going up the chimney. Between the insert and a radiant heater used in the rooms your are in most, you should cut down on your oil consumption.
Good luck, stay warm and be safe !




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Where can I find an Electric Fireplace?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment