Tuesday, July 9, 2013

How do i make an ugly corner fireplace pretty? It has old brown, dull tiles. Can somebody please help??

electric fireplaces for corner on electric-fireplace.de - electric fireplaces made in Germany FREE ...
electric fireplaces for corner image



ganjaman41


If i planned on living here for a number of years, i would just redo them, but we plan on purchasing a house in two years, so i really just want something to quick fix, if its even possible. I will be using the wood fireplace, as it will be cheaper than electric. I need something that won't catch on fire or melt all over the place. Any opinions, and you are a genious! Thank you!


Answer
The cheap way which sounds like your best bet since you planning moving soon, and this is if you wont rid of brown tiles is to use sand paper to rough up the tile and then chose an exterior paint your chose of color to paint over them.

another option would be too, use sand paper and rough up the tile and try to stucco over them, and I would recommend using thinset which is the under layment for tile. very nice looking, and durable.

the other option which is more expensive, but do it your self is to knock off the old tile and lay new, which is not hard, obvisouly you have the internet and you can get step by step instructions. this is my pick, your cost would be 80 give or take.

Thinking of buying an electric fireplace?

Q. who has one and how did you decide on the right one?


Answer
I got one last year at Costco's. I had wanted a fireplace for a long time but since a real one was out of the question I got an electric one. It also has a heater in it that blows out hot air. It was a good price and I didn't have to buy the mantel piece seprately(like I would have had to if I went to Lowe's)the whole thing came together. Its a nice cherrywood and it looks good with my x-mas stockings hanging on it. I like the look of cherrywood but they come in white, black and even have onesthat will fit in the corner. Think about where it will go first and then try to picture it. Also Costcos has a lifetime warranty on all non computor items.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do i make an ugly corner fireplace pretty? It has old brown, dull tiles. Can somebody please help??
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment