Tuesday, March 25, 2014

A couple questions about gas fireplaces?




Monty


1. Are the unvented ones as safe as vented ones?

2. Can you light them if the electric power has gone out?

3. Are there any other safety concerns I should know about?
Also, do the tops of the vented ones get really hot? If my cat jumped on it, would she burn her paws?



Answer
Unvented gas fireplaces are as safe as any other style but you should use a heating log set which burns extremely efficiently. I've used this style for over 15 yrs. Also you must install a carbon monoxide detector in the room where the fireplace is located to be on the safe side. They can be burned without electric power and we have heated our entire house with them during power outages resulting from ice storms. Unless the top of any heating device is very well insulated it will get very hot when in use, and if your cat were to jump on top it while in use it would be a very warm pussy.

Can I use a fire pit on an outside lanai.?




Hooper923


I don't really want to buy an outdoor electric fireplace. I would prefer a real firepit that is screened in or a fireplace for outdoors but I want to use it on my enclosed lanai or porch. I have a pan roof that is aluminum and the screening is also aluminum. Lots of ventilation on 3 sides.


Answer
Even with aluminum screening, that is ill advised. We had a BBQ grill on an open deck and the smoke was still horrible!

If you really want a firepit, build one away from the house and most definitely not on the lanai...just my thoughts!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: A couple questions about gas fireplaces?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment